Yuliya LaRoe is an experienced attorney, professional speaker, and certified coach and strategic advisor, who helps law firms develop their talent and supports lawyers in propelling their professional growth and business development success. She is a co-founder of 20/20 Leadership Group, an award-winning women-owned legal talent development firm focused on helping law firms attract, retain and develop their most important asset, their people. She is also a co-creator of 20/20 Leadership Group’s Rainmaking Academy, an online business development training and coaching program for lawyers.
Prior to helping lawyers become more successful, Yuliya served as counsel at a major international law firm for nearly 10 years advising numerous Fortune 500 Companies, such as Cisco Systems, UnitedHealth Group, Herbalife, and others on a variety of issues related to their global operations.
She left her corporate practice to pursue her passion of helping law firms solve their three most important challenges: 1) attracting talent, 2) increasing lawyer retention and reducing attrition, and 3) boosting diversity and inclusion among their lawyers. As a strategic advisor, Yuliya helps law firms develop practical talent development strategies. And as a certified coach, Yuliya helps lawyers realize their highest potential and translate it into professional and business success.
A seasoned speaker, Yuliya is frequently invited to present to numerous law firms, organizations, and companies, such as Greenberg Traurig, Seyfarth Shaw, the Miami Dolphins, Airbus, the Florida Bar, and many others. Yuliya frequently shares her expertise in publications as diverse as the Miami Herald, American Bar Association Law Practice Today, National Association for Law Placement Bulletin, Organization of Women in International Trade, and a variety of others.
- Personal Leadership Effectiveness: Help individuals understand, leverage, and develop their own leadership styles for optimal results and create awareness of development areas and design action plans to narrow the gap and increase leadership effectiveness.
- Influence & Strategic Relationship Building: Help individuals identify and expand their circles of influence (both internally and externally) and successfully leverage their contacts by building mutually beneficial relationships for new business and other opportunities.
- Business Development: Help lawyers engage high-level business and corporate clients by developing a systematic rainmaking approach that is based on their unique leadership and rainmaking behavioral profile.
- Cultural Intelligence & Leading Effectively Across Cultures: Assist leaders and professionals of multicultural teams in raising their CQ (cultural intelligence) and equip them with concrete and practical strategies to communicate, collaborate, lead, and manage more effectively across cultures.
- Effective Communication Skills & Strategies: Provide leaders, managers, and professionals with proven strategies for boosting their own communication skills, streamlining communication among the team members and between departments and business units, and improving external and client-facing communication.
- Strategic Thought Partner: Serve as a strategic thought partner and objective sounding board to support leaders in achieving their agenda, needs, and results.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Originally from Russia, Yuliya holds a Russian law degree from Far Eastern Federal University as well as a law degree from University of Southern California School of Law. She is credentialed as a Certified Professional Coach through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching. She is a Certified Master Practitioner of the Energy Leadership Index assessment and Certified Everything DiSC Workplace® Facilitator.
When it comes to leadership, Yuliya’s commitment is demonstrated by her active involvement in the local business and professional community. She served as President of the Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Miami-Dade County and is a member of numerous legal and professional organizations. She also served as a volunteer business mentor with the Miami-Dade Chapter of SCORE Business Counselors, part of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
FUN FACTS ABOUT YULIYA
After growing up in Russia, Yuliya spent 15 years in Southern California. She now calls Miami her home, where she has been residing since 2012. Yuliya is an avid international traveler and is passionate about personal development and inner growth.
Something few people know about Yuliya is that in one year she spent two months volunteering in Costa Rica, traveled to South Korea and Russia, completed a four-month yoga teacher certification course, backpacked around India for a month, and attended a 10-day SILENT meditation retreat!