Yuliya LaRoe is an experienced attorney, professional speaker, and certified multicultural leadership and executive coach, who transforms lawyers who have little or no business or leadership experience into successful rainmakers and effective leaders. She is a co-founder of 20/20 Leadership Group, LLC, an international coaching firm focused on helping lawyers and law firms reach new levels of success. She is also a co-creator of 20/20 Leadership Group’s Rainmaking Academy, an online business development training and coaching program for lawyers.
Prior to helping lawyers and law firms become more successful, Yuliya practiced law at an Am Law 100 firm for nearly 10 years as counsel for numerous Fortune 500 Companies, including Cisco Systems, Halliburton, Herbalife, and others. She left her corporate practice to pursue her passion for helping lawyers realize their highest potential and translate it into business and professional success.
A seasoned speaker, Yuliya is frequently invited to present to numerous organizations and companies, such as Airbus, the Florida Bar, the Miami Dolphins, and many others. Yuliya writes about business, career, leadership, and effective communication, and has been featured in publications as diverse as the American Bar Association Law Practice Today, Organization of Women in International Trade, Miami Herald, Talent Management, and a variety of others.
- Personal Leadership Effectiveness: Help leaders understand, leverage, and develop their own leadership styles for optimal results and create awareness of development areas and design action plans to narrow the gap and increase leadership effectiveness.
- Influence & Strategic Relationship Building: Help identify and expand their circles of influence (both internally and externally) and successfully leverage their contacts by building mutually beneficial relationships for new business and other opportunities.
- Business Development: Help lawyers engage high-level business and corporate clients by developing a systematic rainmaking approach that is based on their unique leadership and rainmaking behavioral profile.
- Cultural Intelligence & Leading Effectively Across Cultures: Assist leaders and professionals of multicultural teams in raising their CQ (cultural intelligence) and equip them with concrete and practical strategies to communicate, collaborate, lead, and manage more effectively across cultures.
- Effective Communication Skills & Strategies: Provide leaders, managers, and professionals with proven strategies for boosting their own communication skills, streamlining communication among the team members and between departments and business units, and improving external and client-facing communication.
- Strategic Thought Partner: Serve as a strategic thought partner and objective sounding board to support leaders in achieving their agenda, needs, and results.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Originally from Russia, Yuliya holds a Russian law degree from Far Eastern Federal University as well as a law degree from University of Southern California School of Law. She is credentialed as a Certified Professional Coach through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching. She is a certified Master Practitioner of the Energy Leadership Index assessment.
When it comes to leadership, Yuliya’s commitment is demonstrated by her active involvement in the local business and professional community. She served as President of the Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Miami-Dade County and is a member of numerous legal and professional organizations. She also served as a volunteer business mentor with the Miami-Dade Chapter of SCORE Business Counselors, part of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
FUN FACTS ABOUT YULIYA
After growing up in Russia, Yuliya spent 15 years in Southern California. She now calls Miami her home, where she has been residing since 2012. Yuliya is an avid international traveler and is passionate about personal development and inner growth.
Something few people know about Yuliya is that in one year she spent two months volunteering in Costa Rica, traveled to South Korea and Russia, completed a four-month yoga teacher certification course, backpacked around India for a month, and attended a 10-day SILENT meditation retreat!