Yuliya (pronounced “You-Lee-Yah”) LaRoe is an experienced attorney, professional speaker, and certified multicultural leadership and executive coach, who helps leaders and lawyers uncover their blind spots and make leaps in their leadership capabilities. She is a co-founder of 20/20 Leadership Group, LLC, an international coaching firm focused on “seeing” leaders and professionals in law and other industries to new levels of success.
Prior to helping leaders become more effective, Yuliya served as counsel at a major international law firm for nearly 10 years advising numerous Fortune 500 Companies, such as Cisco Systems, Halliburton, UnitedHealth Group, Herbalife, on a variety of issues related to their global operations. She left her corporate practice to pursue her passion for helping leaders realize their highest leadership potential and translate it into business and professional success.
A seasoned speaker, Yuliya is frequently invited to present to numerous organizations and companies, such as the Miami Dolphins, Airbus, Florida Bar, and many others. Yuliya writes about business, career, leadership, and effective communication, and has been featured in publications as diverse as the Miami Herald, WorkAwesome, Talent Management, and a variety of others.
- Personal Leadership Effectiveness: Help leaders understand, leverage, and develop their own leadership styles for optimal results and create awareness of development areas and design action plans to narrow the gap and increase leadership effectiveness.
- Influence & Strategic Relationship Building: Help identify and expand their circles of influence (both internally and externally) and successfully leverage their contacts by building mutually beneficial relationships for new business and other opportunities.
- Business Development: Help lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, consultants, and others in the professional services industries for whom business development is critical to their ongoing career success become successful rainmakers.
- Cultural Intelligence & Leading Effectively Across Cultures: Assist leaders and professionals of multicultural teams in raising their CQ (cultural intelligence) and equip them with concrete and practical strategies to communicate, collaborate, lead, and manage more effectively across cultures.
- Effective Communication Skills & Strategies: Provide leaders, managers, and professionals with proven strategies for boosting their own communication skills, streamlining communication among the team members and between departments and business units, and improving external and client-facing communication.
- Strategic Thought Partner: Serve as a strategic thought partner and objective sounding board to support leaders in achieving their agenda, needs, and results.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Originally from Russia, Yuliya holds a Russian law degree from Far Eastern Federal University as well as a law degree from University of Southern California School of Law. She is credentialed as a Certified Professional Coach through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching. She is a certified Master Practitioner of the Energy Leadership Index assessment.
When it comes to leadership, Yuliya’s commitment is demonstrated by her active involvement in the local business and professional community. She serves as President for the Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Miami-Dade County and is a member of numerous legal and professional organizations. She served as a volunteer business mentor with the Miami-Dade Chapter of SCORE Business Counselors, part of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
FUN FACTS ABOUT YULIYA
After growing up in Russia, Yuliya spent 15 years in Southern California. She now calls Miami her home, where she has been residing since 2012. Yuliya is an avid international traveler and is passionate about personal development and inner growth.
Something few people know about Yuliya is that in one year she spent two months volunteering in Costa Rica, traveled to South Korea and Russia, completed a four-month yoga teacher certification course, backpacked around India for a month, and attended a 10-day SILENT meditation retreat!